Captivating Cape Cod & the Islands Vacation Bike Tour
Bike Tour Vacation on Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard
The Finest of Cape Cod and the Islands
Experience the unsurpassed beauty of Cape Cod while discovering iconic sites and hidden scenes. This is Great Freedom Adventures’ backyard and we love sharing it with our guests. Unique for tours in the region, the six-day bike tour offers a wide-ranging exploration of many of the finest of Cape towns and includes both of the area’s celebrated islands – Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Enjoy the discovery purely by bike and boat, at a pace that allows you to take it all in. All of the Cape Cod places you’ve been dreaming of visiting – or yearning to revisit – are waiting for you here, in one inspired itinerary.
Visit Provincetown, Truro, Wellfleet, Chatham and Many More Cape Cod Towns
Start the Cape Cod bike tour by cycling the Outer- and Mid-Cape and discover a landscape graced by sweeping ocean vistas, rolling dunes, stately lighthouses, and maritime forests. These quintessential Cape towns offer eclectic shops, excellent restaurants, fine art galleries and a low-key beach vibe.
Explore The Cape Cod National Seashore, the Province Lands and Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge
The Cape Cod National Seashore offers 40 miles of pristine sand beaches, wild cranberry bogs, kettle ponds, heathlands and visitor’s centers offering panoramic views. This stretch of seashore is home to some of the most popular beaches in the United States and includes Nauset Light Beach, Coast Guard Beach and Race Point Beach. Pedal bike paths in the seashore that bring you up-close to these and other beaches and to the region’s famous lighthouses. Visit Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge and experience the largest gray seal haul-out site on the U.S. eastern seaboard.
Bike the Islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard
A tour of the Cape would not be complete without visiting Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Experience the islands’ most widely photographed and painted scenes: you will immediately be captivated by their beauty and understand their appeal. This tour features the finest that Cape Cod and the Islands has to offer.
- Explore the best of Cape Cod and the Islands by bike and boat on one inspired itinerary
- Ferry from Boston to Provincetown watching for whales along the way
- Stay in fine lodging in the heart of Provincetown, Chatham and Edgartown, within walking distance to restaurants, shops and beaches.
- Enjoy superb meals that feature fresh seafood and farm to table ingredients
- Cycle the mesmerizing trails through the Province Lands
- Visit the Cape Cod National Seashore
- Bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail
- Visit Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge and walk a gorgeous oceanside trail to see seals sunning on the off-shore beach
- Ferry to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard
- Discover the remarkable beauty of Nantucket
- Experience the allure of Martha’s Vineyard
- Explore the old whaling town of Edgartown
- Visit Aquinnah and the Gay Head Light
- See the gingerbread cottages in Oak Bluffs
- Finish in Woods Hole, a charming fishing village and the home of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Enjoy exceptional service throughout your Cape and Islands tour
Days 4 and 5
The Inn at Cook Street, Provincetown, MA - 1 Night (June Departures)A member of the Distinctive Inns of Provincetown, The Inn at Cook Street is located in Provincetown’s prestigious art gallery district and was voted best B & B/Inn on Outer Cape Cod in 2016. This 1836 Greek Revival gem offers beautifully decorated rooms with fine linens and period antiques. Superbly prepared breakfasts are a delicious start to the day. The property is enhanced by lush gardens, a koi pond and sitting areas that invite relaxation. The inn offers private access to Provincetown Beach. Perhaps stay in the room where author Michael Cunningham finished one of his novels or one frequented by artist Edward Hopper.
June 10-15| June 17-22 | July 15-20 | September 9-14 | September 16-21
June: $2,785, July: $2,875, September: $2,785 Per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $940
6 days, 5 nights
Provincetown, MA/Woods Hole, MA
8-39 (Up to 53 with longer distance options.)
Easy. Moderate with longer distance options.
Bike paths and roads. Flat with hills in some areas.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What’s Included:
- 6 days of guided biking
- 5 nights lodging
- 5 breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Welcome refreshments
- Daily hearty snacks and cold drinks
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- Three ferry passages for passenger and bike
- Historic lighthouse visits
- 2 dedicated guides
- Van support
- Luggage transfer
- Cycling maps and cue sheets
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Featherweight, high visibility, reflective vest
- Water bottle
- Dedicated, friendly service throughout your tour