Best of Vermont Bike Tour
Best of Vermont Bike Tour
The Essence of Yankee Life and Land
We’ve been biking all over Vermont for 35 years but we keep coming back to central Vermont. The scenery is varied and spectacular and the towns around which the tour is based are among the loveliest in all of Vermont. The best of central Vermont has been distilled into one fabulous trip – the best biking routes, restaurants with the best chefs, lovely inns, a hike with unsurpassed views, and visits to the most interesting sights. Give us six days and we’ll give you the best of central Vermont and a bit of New Hampshire too. Come experience a New England bike trip that captures the essence of Yankee life and land.
Idyllic Vermont Bicycling
Great Freedom Adventures’ six-day Vermont bike tour meanders alongside idyllic dairy farms, past classic red barns on quiet country roads. Bike past sparkling lakes and rivers with plunging waterfalls. Feel like a kid again by jumping into a crystal clear swimming hole. Cross historic covered bridges and discover a dramatic 163’ gorge.
Fascinating Vermont Sites
On this New England bike trip, wind through picturesque Vermont towns where white steepled churches surround the town green. And, explore a bit of New Hampshire along the way. Hanover, home of Dartmouth College, is bustling with youthful energy and blessed with New England charm. The many fine shops and cafes wait to tempt you. See master artisans at work at the renowned Simon Pearce glassblowing shop and sample the artisanal cheese at the Plymouth Cheese Factory, founded by President Calvin Coolidge’s father. Tour the Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site, where Coolidge was sworn in as President by his father in 1923. The homestead is exactly as it was on the night he was sworn in and in fact, the entire village of Plymouth Notch is largely unchanged since the early 20th century.
Vermont’s Only National Park
Visit Vermont’s Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park and tour the farm and mansion grounds. The farm is the boyhood home of George Perkins Marsh one of America’s first environmentalists.
Woodstock – “The Prettiest Small Town in America”
Woodstock is bound to be a highlight on this Vermont bike tour. Because there is so much to experience in this very special place, the trip has been designed to afford opportunities to become immersed in Woodstock’s many charms. Explore the unique shops and exquisite galleries lining the flower-filled streets. View historic homes, and hike peaceful trails leading to stunning views. Take a nighttime stroll along lantern-lined streets to one of the lovely bridges. Listen to the water gurgle underneath while overhead the sky sparkles with more stars than you may ever have seen before.
Daily Exercise – Nightly Rewards
Bike carefully crafted routes that showcase the best of Vermont’s gorgeous countryside and experience this beauty with all five senses. Reward each day’s efforts by relaxing at the pool, sipping a drink on the veranda and dining on exceptional meals fresh from Vermont farms. Come experience the Best of Vermont Bike Tour for an unforgettable Vermont vacation!
- Stay in beautiful inns offering fine amenities
- Dine on meals prepared by some of the region’s best chefs
- Bicycle the most beautiful roads in central Vermont
- View dramatic Quechee Gorge
- Visit a working 1,000 acre hilltop farm and dine at the stunning post and beam restaurant on gourmet food fresh from the farm
- Visit Billings Farm and Museum
- Explore the Marsh –Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park
- Enjoy a private beer tasting of some of Vermont’s best craft beers
- Hike to panoramic hilltop views
- View cheesemaking at the oldest cheese factory in the US
- Visit Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- Watch master glassblowing artisans at work at renowned Simon Pearce
- Visit a brewery and sample the brews
- Bike over covered bridges, past idyllic farms and cascading waterfalls
- Stroll through lush gardens designed by renowned landscape architects
- Sample the treats at charming country stores
- Shop in fine stores, galleries and antique shops
Three Stallion Inn, Randolph, VT - 2 NightsThis fine inn is set amidst 1,300 acres of Green Mountain playground. Have a cool drink poolside or on the wide veranda before dinner. Inn amenities include an 18-hole golf course, pool, sauna, whirlpool, game room, 35km of trails, charming rooms and baths with heated marble floors.
2017 Prices...based on double occupancy.
6 days, 5 nights
Moderate (Moderate to Challenging with longer mileage options)
26-42 (Longer options: 26-55)
Some short and long hills every day along with flat stretches. Occasional sections of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- 6 days of bicycling and hiking
- Free bicycle and helmet rental
- 5 nights lodging
- 5 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Admission to
- Billings Farm and Museum
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Site
- Calvin Coolidge State Park and Coolidge Homestead
- Brewery visit
- Cheese factory visit
- Wine cocktail Woodstock nights
- Working farm visits
- 2 dedicated guides
- Van support
- Luggage transport
- Daily maps and cue sheets
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Featherweight, high visibility, reflective mesh vest