Short & Very Sweet VT Bike Trip
3 Day Vermont Bike Trips
Maple Sugar, Artisan Cheese and Vermont Beer
Spend three sweet days discovering maple sugar shacks and savor maple candies in country stores, artisan cheese, freshly pressed cider, locally brewed beer and delectable meals in top-notch restaurants. Burn off those calories and more while biking past red barns on classic dairy farms, dramatic gorges, sparkling rivers and pristine lakes.
Short and Very Sweet Vermont Bike Trips
Covered Bridges, Country Stores and Wildlife
Bicycle through covered bridges, along pastoral back roads to stunning Green Mountain views. Listen for the distinctive thrash of foraging moose or the cry of a soaring eagle while pedaling past bogs and wildflower-filled meadows. Meet friendly Vermonters and encounter that indomitable Yankee spirit while witnessing the most beautiful landscapes and intriguing sights in central Vermont. This carefully crafted, guided and supported bike tour draws from 34 years of Vermont bike touring experience to treat you to the sweetest morsels in a few short days for a captivating slice of New England heaven.
- Stay at a fine Woodstock inn offering upscale amenities and a quintessential Vermont experience
- Savor foods fresh from the farm and prepared by talented chefs
- Explore Woodstock, one of the “prettiest small towns in America”
- Bike quiet roads through a pastoral landscape of dairy farms, wildlife areas, sugarbushes, country stores, river valleys, covered bridges and classic New England towns
- View dramatic Quechee Gorge and cascading waterfalls
- Visit Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- Taste a variety of cheeses at the oldest working cheese factory in the US and discover how cheese was made then and now
- Visit a brewery and sample the brews
- Watch master glassblowers create exquisite glassware at renowned Simon Pearce
- Shop in unique stores, local artist’s galleries and antique shops
506 On the River Inn, Woodstock, VT - 2 NightsThis fine inn set on the banks of the Ottaquechee River was recommended by Conde Nast Traveler as "The place to vIsit." Balconied rooms overlook the expansive lawn and the river. Inn amenities include a restaurant, bistro, country kitchen, library, game room, gift shop, and an indoor pool with sauna.
Three Day Guided Bike Tour
May 26-28 | June 30-July 2 | July 23-25 | July 28-30 | August 4-6 | September 29-October 1 | October 6-8
May, June 30-July 1: $875, July 23-25: $995, July 28-30: $675, August 4-6: $995, September - October: $1,195, Per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $495
Special Charity Tour
July 28-30 may be done as a charity tour. Tour costs are covered with attainment of fundraising minimum.
3 days, 2 nights
Moderate. Moderate-Challenging with long option.
20-36 (44 with long option)
Flat along the rivers with hills outside the river valleys. Occasional sections of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- Fine accommodations in beautiful Woodstock, VT (Randolph, VT on the June 30th departure)
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Admission to the Calvin Coolidge Homestead and Historic Site
- Visit to one of the oldest cheesemaking operations in the US
- Brewery visit
- 2 knowledgeable guides
- Van support
- Daily maps and cue sheets
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Gratuities at inn and restaurants
- Featherweight, high-visibility, reflective mesh vest
- Dedicated service throughout your worry-free tour