Walk or Pedal for PSC – 1 Day
Walk or Pedal for PSC Charity Bike and Walk Events
One Day Charity Bike Ride or Walk in Vermont to Benefit PSC Partners Seeking a Cure
July 29, 2017
For the three-day PSC charity tour option, go here.
Join us on July 29th to bike or walk scenic routes through the beautiful countryside of central Vermont. Walk or Pedal for PSC is fully supported and includes snacks and drinks along the way. The event will raise funds and awareness for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver that can affect all ages from young to old. PSC destroys liver cells and ultimately, the ability of the liver to function. The disease has no cure and few effective treatments. Many patients will ultimately require a liver transplant. So join us July 29th to help those suffering from this devastating disease and enjoy an awesome bike ride or walk in the process!
“I rode in the Pedal for PSC event in Martha’s Vineyard in September of 2015, and had an absolutely fantastic time. I cannot imagine how the three-day event could have been executed any better! Great Freedom Adventures had clearly put a lot of time and effort into researching and organizing the event. The routes, inn, restaurants, and snacks were all expertly chosen, and the support team ensured that every rider was well taken care of. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the area, the wildlife, and had interesting historical information to share. In all, it was a phenomenal weekend that raised almost $50,000 for a great cause. I can’t wait for the 2017 Pedal and Walk for PSC event in Vermont in July 2017!”
Katie Randall, Associate Director, PSC Partners Seeking a Cure
- Help fight Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver during an exciting walking or cycling challenge in Vermont
- Complete a 100k (62 mi) or 55k (34.2 mi) bike ride or 15k (9.3 mi) walk
- From your base in beautiful Woodstock, VT, discover the picturesque dairy farms, cool forests, sparkling waters – and the hills – of central Vermont
- Walkers will enjoy stopping at viewpoints with spectacular long-range views
- Cyclists will enjoy routes with pastoral and distant mountain views
- Event produced by Great Freedom Adventures to benefit PSC Partners Seeking a Cure, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research on PSC and supporting patients and their families. pscpartners.org
- Join the fight to find better treatments and a cure for PSC!
Challenge Day, July 29, 2017
Challenge Day: Cycling - choose 55k(34.2mi) or 100k(62mi). Walking - 15k (9.3mi)
Registration Fee: $65. We encourage participants to raise funds beyond the registration fee. For participants, free bike jersey (cyclists) or t-shirt (walkers) with $200 or more funds raised or donations made. Donations are tax deductible. If desired, participants will be able to set up a personal fundraising page on the PSC Partners Seeking a Cure website.
The event follows a group ride or walk format. Avid to recreational cyclists and walkers welcome.
Cycling or Walking Level
Moderate – Challenging depending upon distance, pace and fitness level
Cycling: Predominately paved roads with some stretches of dirt roads. Both distances have long and short hills along with flatter stretches along the rivers and valleys. Walking: Predominately woods paths or carriage roads with some stretches along the road. There are climbs and descents though most are gradual. Some stretches are relatively flat.
- 100k Bike – 9:00am
- 15k Walk – 10:00am
- 55k Bike – 10:15am
- Food and drink during the challenge
- Guides and support staff
- Vehicle and mechanical support (cyclists)
- Post ride or walk lunch