Walk or Pedal for PSC – 1 Day
Walk or Pedal for PSC Charity Bike and Walk Events
Walk or Pedal For PSC – July 29, 2017
One Day Charity Cycling or Walking Challenge in Vermont
For the three-day charity tour option, go here.
Charity walking and cycling challenge in Vermont
Join us on July 29th to bike or walk scenic routes through the beautiful countryside of central Vermont. Walk or Pedal for PSC is fully supported and includes snacks and drinks along the way. The event will raise funds and awareness for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver that can affect all ages from young to old. PSC destroys liver cells and ultimately, the ability of the liver to function. The disease has no cure and few effective treatments. So join us July 29th for an awesome bike ride or walk while helping those who suffer from this devastating disease. Have fun and do good too!
- Help fight Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver during an exciting walking or cycling challenge in Vermont.
- Train, fundraise and get ready to complete a 100k (62 mi) or 55k (34.2 mi) bike ride or 15k (9.3 mi) walk.
- From your base in beautiful Woodstock, VT, discover the picturesque dairy farms, cool forests, sparkling waters – and the hills – of central Vermont.
- Walkers will enjoy stopping at viewpoints with spectacular long-range views
- Cyclists will enjoy routes with pastoral and distant mountain views
- Event produced by Great Freedom Adventures to benefit PSC Partners Seeking a Cure, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research on PSC and supporting patients and their families. pscpartners.org
- Reserve your spot and start raising money now. See Details, Dates and Prices page for fundraising details.
- Join the fight to find better treatments and a cure for PSC!
Challenge Day, July 29
Challenge Day: Cycling - choose 55k(34.2mi) or 100k(62mi). Walking - 15k (9.3mi)
Per Person Fundraising Requirement: $200. Registration Fee: $65
Sign up here. Spots are limited so early reservations are highly recommended. Please let us know if you would like us to temporarily hold your spot(s).
The event is a group ride or walk and not a race so timing will not be provided. It is designed to be a fun, smaller event that is appropriate for all abilities from avid cyclists and walkers to participants wanting a more leisurely pace.
Cycling or Walking Level
Moderate – Challenging depending upon distance, pace and fitness level
Cycling: Predominately paved roads with some stretches of dirt roads. Both distances have long and short hills along with flatter stretches along the rivers and valleys. Walking: Predominately woods paths or carriage roads with some stretches along the road. There are climbs and descents though most are gradual. Some stretches are relatively flat.
- 100k Bike – 9:00am
- 15k Walk – 10:00am
- 55k Bike – 10:15am