Walk or Pedal for PSC – 3 Day
The 2017 Charity Walk or Pedal for PSC Has Concluded.
Thank You to All Who Participated and Contributed To This Important Cause!
Dates – July 28-30, 2017
Charity Cycling or Walking Challenge in Vermont
For a one-day option, go here.
Vermont Charity Cycling Tour and Walk
Join us July 28-30 to bike or walk scenic routes through the beautiful countryside of central Vermont. Walk or Pedal for PSC is fully supported and includes snacks and drinks along the way. The event will raise funds and awareness for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver that can affect all ages from young to old. PSC destroys liver cells and ultimately, the ability of the liver to function. The disease has no cure and few effective treatments. But, promising studies are in the works and we need your help to keep the research going! Please help us help those who suffer daily from this devastating disease. Enjoy cycling and walking routes with breathtaking scenery while helping to improve the lives of people with PSC. Join us in Vermont to Walk or Pedal for PSC!
“I rode in the Pedal for PSC event in Martha’s Vineyard in September of 2015, and had an absolutely fantastic time. I cannot imagine how the three-day event could have been executed any better! Great Freedom Adventures had clearly put a lot of time and effort into researching and organizing the event. The routes, inn, restaurants, and snacks were all expertly chosen, and the support team ensured that every rider was well taken care of. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the area, the wildlife, and had interesting historical information to share. In all, it was a phenomenal weekend that raised almost $50,000 for a great cause. I can’t wait for the 2017 Pedal and Walk for PSC event in Vermont in July 2017!”
Katie Randall, Associate Director, PSC Partners Seeking a Cure
- Help fight Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a serious disease of the bile ducts of the liver during an exciting three-day Vermont Challenge.
- The Walk or Pedal for PSC is open to all.
- Train, fundraise and get ready to complete a 100k (62 mi) or 55k (34.2 mi) bike ride or 15k (9.3 mi) walk.
- Event produced by Great Freedom Adventures to benefit PSC Partners Seeking a Cure, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research on PSC and supporting patients and their families. pscpartners.org
- From your base in beautiful Woodstock, VT, discover the picturesque dairy farms, cool forests, sparkling waters – and the hills – of central Vermont.
- Walkers will enjoy stopping at viewpoints with spectacular long-range views
- Cyclists will enjoy routes with pastoral and distant mountain views
- Trip costs are covered with attainment of fundraising minimum.
- Reserve your spot and start raising money now. See Details, Dates and Prices page for fundraising details.
- Join the fight to find better treatments and a cure for PSC!
506 On the River Inn, Woodstock, VT – 2 NightsThis fine inn is located on the banks of the Ottaquechee River. Rooms have one king bed or two queen beds with balconies overlooking the wide lawn and river. Inn amenities include a bistro, restaurant, country kitchen, library, gift shop, game room, and an indoor pool with sauna.
3 days, 2 nights
Challenge Day: Cycling - choose 55k(34.2mi) or 100k(62mi). Walking - 15k (9.3mi)
Per Person Fundraising Requirement: $2,400 (individual) or $2,100 (two or more people raising money together as a team), based on double occupancy. Single Supplement (for a private room): $425. Participants will be able to set up a personal fundraising webpage on the PSC Partners Seeking a Cure website.
Sign up here. Spots are limited. Refundable registration fee - $350. The registration fee can be donated to PSC Partners Seeking a Cure or it can be refunded once the fundraising minimum has been met. Participants have until 8/29/17 to meet the fundraising minimum. Family or guests of participants may attend the event. For costs and details, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is a group ride or walk, not a race so you may go at your own pace. It is designed to be a fun event that is appropriate for all abilities from avid cyclists and walkers to participants wanting a more leisurely pace.
Cycling or Walking Level
Moderate – Challenging depending upon distance, pace and fitness level
Cycling: Predominately paved roads with some stretches of dirt roads. Both distances have long and short hills along with flatter stretches along the rivers and valleys. Walking: Predominately woods paths or carriage roads with some stretches along the road. There are climbs and descents though most are gradual. Some stretches are relatively flat.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What’s Included with Attainment of Fundraising Minimum:
- Two nights lodging
- Two dinners
- Two breakfasts
- One lunch
- Food and drinks during and after the challenge
- Use of a Great Freedom Adventures bicycle if needed and while supplies last
- Guides and support staff
- Vehicle and mechanical support
- Cycling maps and cue sheets
- Bike jersey for cyclists and t-shirt for walkers