Cycling Tours, Walking Trips and Active Vacations That Surpass the Norm
Savvy travelers today seek experiential travel that provides a window into a place and its people. And across all generations, these travelers are increasingly seeking an active, engaging voyage that promotes health and fosters discovery through a full-sensory experience.
At Great Freedom Adventures, we get that, and we live by it. Careful consideration goes into selecting tour locales that offer a unique diversity of natural beauty and cultural richness. Within each of these regions, a tremendous amount of time goes into selecting the sites, amenities and routes that comprise your Great Freedom Adventure. The fact that we are experts in these locales is an enormous advantage.
We focus on the natural, historic, cultural and culinary assets that make each place unique. The resulting itineraries provide a delightfully immersive experience that hits the iconic sites you shouldn’t miss while including unique places and experiences you wouldn’t find on your own.
Underlying each tour is the premise that this is your vacation and you should have the flexibility to make it perfectly yours. If you are an avid cyclist and want your bike tour days to consist of setting a brisk, consistent pace with few stops, we’re all for it. If you’d prefer a more leisurely pace with stops for photos and discoveries, we love that too. If you would like to arrive early or stay on after your tour, we are happy to help you with those arrangements.
The company name – Great Freedom Adventures – was chosen to reflect this freedom to personalize the experience as well as freedom from planning and operational logistics. But most importantly, the name represents the capacity for the Great Freedom Adventure to be transformative. The tours afford the exhilarating sense of freedom that comes from traveling from one place to another under your own power, outside, and immersed in the beauty that surrounds us.
Guests who have traveled with Great Freedom Adventures will attest to our passion for making your tour the best it can be. We have a high percentage of repeat guests and all who travel with us tell us that they are so glad they found Great Freedom Adventures. Guests tell us that they felt welcomed, inspired and well taken care of. We hear repeatedly that their tour was the best they have taken and that they are coming with us again. We thought we’d share some of the reasons.
The Great Freedom Adventures Advantage
We are thoughtful and meticulous about all of the components that go into your tour:
- For overnights, we choose the most beautiful, fun and interesting towns – those that are surrounded by the best cycling and walking opportunities. Then, in most cases, we choose lodging that is located in town so that you can easily walk to restaurants, shops, galleries and more. We feel that if you are visiting a place, you want to be able to really see and experience it. We select inns and resorts with fine amenities and beautifully appointed rooms – lodgings that reflect the character and essence of the location.
- Our cycling routes are meticulously designed to take you on the quietest and most beautiful roads or bike paths. Because we know our regions so thoroughly, you know you are seeing the best scenery and sites in the area. Our detailed maps and cue sheets are easy to follow and make it simple to go just as fast or slow as you would like. Prefer to use gps? Just let us know.
- Similarly, our walking tours feature scenes that enchant and stops that inform and delight.
- We know that if you are on a bike tour, you probably don’t want to be forced to spend time each day shuttling in the van. Our itineraries are carefully designed so that you can get from one place to the next under your own power – unless of course you’d like a little boost in the van. 🙂
- Great Freedom Adventures provides activities on all days of your tour – whether it’s cycling, walking or another activity. Having dedicated service and activities on every day adds value to your tour package.
- Side excursions and activities are chosen to enhance the tour experience, provide additional enjoyment and foster learning and discovery. Whether it’s a meal with Mayan villagers in Belize, a lantern-lit tour of Newport, RI’s historic streets, a tour of FDR’s home and museum, or a naturalist-led kayak tour to a New England oyster farm, each experience will leave you with a deeper appreciation for the people and the places visited.
- We like good food and we know you do too. That’s why we spend a good deal of time sleuthing out the best chefs and the nicest restaurants. And it’s why snack stops and picnic lunches are something to see – and taste!
- The bikes in GFA’s fleet are high quality, lightweight bikes, designed for touring comfort. That lightweight piece is important. We don’t want guests to work harder than they have to. In other words, you won’t have to lug some heavy beast of a bike up the hill. Guests can choose a bike with drop or straight handlebars and the preferred pedal type is pre-installed and ready for you.
- Year after year, our guests tell us that the dedicated, professional service received from their tour leaders exceeded their expectations. GFA guides are knowledgeable, talented, caring, friendly and dedicated to ensuring that you are well taken care of and have a truly fabulous vacation. They love the places they guide and enjoy sharing them with guests – and it shows!
Here at Great Freedom Adventures, we feel incredibly fortunate because we love what we do. We are in awe of the amazing people we have met on our tours and realize how fortunate we are to have done so. We love sharing our favorite places and providing a service that makes people healthy and happy. If you haven’t yet traveled with Great Freedom Adventures, you owe it to yourself to come.
#FindYourFreedom with Great Freedom Adventures.