Boston to New York Bike Ride
Bike Boston to New York
Four States and Five Boroughs
Challenge yourself to bicycle 250 miles from Boston to New York City, connecting the east coast’s premier cities, each distinctly its own place and both supremely exciting. And if that isn’t enough of an adventure, top it off with the 40-mile Five Boro Bike Tour, America’s largest cycling event.
5 Boro Bike Tour
The 5 Boro Bike Tour is a rolling festival through all five New York boroughs on traffic-free streets. Pedal through Central Park in Manhattan, the vibrant streets of the Bronx, large and diverse Queens, the close-knit neighborhoods of Brooklyn and finally, surrounded by New York Harbor, the borough of Staten Island.
Four States, Five Boroughs and One Good Time
Four States and Five Boroughs is a ride to remember, encompassing iconic urban scenes, livable suburban towns, and peaceful rural landscapes, all highlighting the diverse land and the wonderful people that call this part of America home. Challenge yourself to ride Boston to New York with Great Freedom Adventures!
- Bike through four states in four days
- Visit and stay overnight in the premier cities on the US east coast – Boston and New York
- Participate in New York’s famed Five Boro Bike Tour, America’s largest cycling event
- Stay in charming and vibrant coastal New England towns along the way
- Pedal through diverse landscapes and seascapes of southern New England and New York
- Visit Mystic Seaport, a living history museum depicting 19th century coastal New England life
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride
- View the vineyards and farmland of eastern Long Island
- Visit a winery and a brewery
- Bike through Flushing Meadows Park, former site of two World’s Fairs
- Visit the New York State Pavilion in the park, named a “National Treasure” in 2014, and see the iconic Unisphere
- Cycle care-free and unencumbered with guides, van support, luggage transport and meals, snacks and cold drinks provided along the way
Tour Reviews & Testimonials
“I have been going on a bike tour every year for over 20 years now, and this team is right at the top. The service is much more personal than the big tour companies. A tremendous amount of thought has been given to the routes, so you know you will be as safe as possible, and see wonderful country. The hotels are nice, and the food is excellent.”
“Our guides were outstanding. I have taken 5 or 6 guided bike tours and Great Freedom Adventures’ guides are the best I have had.”
“Just completed the Boston to New York Bike trip followed by the 5 Boro Tour. Jeanne and her team never fail to deliver a memorable experience. I definitely plan on taking future trips with Great Freedom Adventures.”
“High points for me on our Boston to NY bike ride were dedicated bikeways and quiet roads as we left Boston and wound our way to Connecticut, Mystic Seaport and the morning ferry to Long Island, the last 20 miles into Manhattan and the whole 5 Boro ride. The provided bike was well maintained and comfortable for me. Our guides were excellent leaders. Both were enthusiastic and friendly. They did a great job leading us in morning stretches and impressed us with spot on way finding as we entered NYC. They did a great job keeping us on route and very well fed! It was a fabulous trip!”
“Thank you for welcoming us to New England with its very unique architecture and small villages. They were lovely to ride through and I so appreciated the conversation and support of the guides. A big thank you for all the arrangements, daily guidance and friendly company. I remain amazed at our guides’ unerring sense of direction leading us to the Gild Hall doorstep!”
“This was another wonderful GFA biking adventure! I totally enjoyed the tour, the accommodations and the cue sheets were perfect. Looking forward to another tour soon!
Day 1 - Boston
Day 2 - Boston to Rhode Island
Day 3 - Rhode Island to Connecticut
Day 4 - Connecticut to New York's Long Island
Day 5 - Long Island to New York City
Day 6 - Bike New York's Five Boro Bike Tour
The Colonnade Hotel, Back Bay, Boston, MA - 1 NightThis luxury Boston hotel is centrally located for easy access to numerous Boston attractions. It is adjacent to Boston’s main shopping district and the Back Bay, a charming residential neighborhood. Amenities include an on-site restaurant and bar, fitness center and a rooftop pool with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and the Prudential Center.
April 28 - May 3
$2,895, per person based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $855.
6 days, 5 nights
Boston, MA/New York, NY
Paved roads with some bike paths. Flat to rolling hills.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- Five days of bicycling (four without 5 Boro Bike Tour)
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- Five nights lodging
- Five breakfasts
- Three dinners
- Four lunches
- Ferry ticket for passenger and bike
- Entrance to Mystic Seaport
- Beer tasting
- Van support
- Luggage transport
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Maps and cue sheets
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Water bottle