Bike, Hike, Culture & Adventure Tours of New Mexico’s Land of Enchantment
Cycling & Walking Tours of Santa Fe, Taos & Beyond
There are some places in this world that seem invariably to speak to a person’s soul. Northern New Mexico’s Land of Enchantment is one. The best way to attempt to grasp the region’s enchanting spell is to get outside and go right into the scenes.
Bike, walk and adventure tour with Great Freedom Adventures across New Mexico’s mesas, plains, canyons and rivers. Travel high-desert landscapes where stark plateaus of sagebrush and Pinyon Pines are framed by snow-covered mountain peaks.
On this exciting adventure vacation, walk trails between 90’ tall hoodoos and look up to see cobalt blue skies brilliant against the white rock. See ancient adobe structures and watch as the walls shift color with the changing light. View astounding, nearly 900 year-old cliff dwellings and then climb right into them!
Lifelong Northern New Mexico residents expertly guide guests on this wondrous journey bringing to life the region’s enchanting mystic. Their passion and appreciation of New Mexico’s rich cultural heritage, breathtaking natural wonders and inspiring native people transforms a mere trip into an extraordinary experience.
On the New Mexico Bike, Hike, Culture & Adventure Tour visit the largest, continuously inhabited pueblo with a resident Taos Indian. Bike two of the most iconic and beautiful routes in the state. Raft down the Rio Grande with a Pueblo Indian Guide. Watch a weaving demonstration by a renowned 9th generation weaver. View scenes that inspired Georgia O’Keeffe, Ansel Adams and countless other artists. See exquisite contemporary artwork of all kinds in the numerous galleries.
Taste heirloom chili peppers, chocolate elixirs and exceptional southwestern fare at the region’s best restaurants. Stay at luxury inns and resorts authentic to their surroundings. After just six days, there is no doubt that New Mexico’s Land of Enchantment will have captured both heart and soul.
- Hike trails at New Mexico’s Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument
- Enjoy a walking tour of Santa Fe
- Visit the fine art galleries on renowned Canyon Road
- Walk trails at New Mexico’s Bandelier National Monument and view ancient cliff dwellings and adobe Talus Homes
- See a weaving demonstration by a renowned weaver
- Visit Santuario de Chimayo, an adobe chapel and contemporary pilgrimage site
- Bike New Mexico’s stunning High Road to Taos
- Hear live, local music
- Tour 1,000 year-old Taos Pueblo
- Raft the Rio Grande
- Bike New Mexico’s Enchanted Circle, a National Forest Scenic Byway
- Enjoy a private studio tour with a nationally renowned ceramic artist
- Walk a plateau looking down on New Mexico’s spectacular Rio Grande Gorge
- Visit Georgia O’Keeffe’s studio and home
Hotel St. Francis, Santa Fe – 2 nights Indulge in luxury in Santa Fe’s most historic hotel. This serene boutique hotel dates from the 19th century and features historically accurate architectural design elements. Rooms offer a soothing, elegant décor with furnishings hand crafted by talented local artisans. Enjoy a drink at the hotel’s award-winning Secreto Lounge, Santa-Fe’s premier craft cocktail bar.
September 29-October 4 | October 13-18
$3,190 per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $790
May 17-22 | June 21-26 | August 9-14 | Sept 13-18 | Sept 27-October 2 | October 11-16
If booked by 11/15/19 - $3,190 per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $790
6 days, 5 nights
Santa Fe, NM
Biking: 25-38 (up to 47 & 84 with longer options) Walking: 1-6
Moderate. Challenging with longer distance options. Note: Non-cycling guests are welcome to join the tour and may ride in the van for the two cycling portions. All guests will be able to see the same sights.
Easy. Moderate in some sections or with longer distance options.
Flat to rolling. Some climbs with longer distance options. Paved roads.
Flat plus moderate uphills and downhills, mostly gradual. Well-packed trails and paths.
- 5 nights accommodations
- 4 dinners
- 4 lunches
- 5 breakfasts
- Daily snacks and drinks
- Admissions to the sites & activities per the itinerary
- Bike and gear rentals
- Dedicated guides throughout
- Vehicle support
- Luggage transfer
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions