Enchanting Block Island Active Vacation
Block Island Active Vacation
Active Vacation on Enchanting Block Island – Three Days
One of the “Last Great Places”
Vacation with us on Block Island and you will be completely enthralled with this enchanting island. Block Island may be America’s best kept island secret and in fact, we should probably include a disclaimer: though you may leave after three days, your heart is almost certain to remain. The Nature Conservancy has named Block Island one of the original “Last Great Places” in the Western Hemisphere and you will soon see why. Over 43% of this pristine natural environment is protected; there are over 30 miles of gorgeous trails, 17 miles of beaches, and myriad wildlife on this Atlantic Flyway stopover.
Exquisite Natural Beauty
On Great Freedom Adventure’s tour of Block Island, you will see this gorgeous island the way it was meant to be seen; by bike, foot and water. Bike along flat ocean hugging roads to the North Lighthouse, nestled in a mesmerizing setting of sand dunes and rugosa roses. Hike one of our favorite walks anywhere, along oceanfront bluffs, for some truly spectacular scenery.
Ireland in America
Travel past Block Island’s saltwater farms with views rolling down to the sparkling ocean and on to the Southeast Lighthouse, perched atop majestic Mohegan Bluffs. Walk trails offering panoramic views across the tranquil island to the Block Island Sound and beyond. Traverse bird filled maritime scrubland to butterfly filled meadows. The peaceful patchwork of fields bordered by old stone walls is surprisingly reminiscent of Ireland.
Beaches and Boats
Set sail on a custom trimaran replete with wine and cheese and kayak the calm waters of Great Salt Pond. Sun and swim at the beach, head to one of the nightclubs for some live music or lie on the cool sand and drink in the star-filled night sky. This Block Island bike adventure will leave you feeling thoroughly charmed by this enchanting island.
Tranquil Island Life
Each day’s end on our Block Island vacation finds us at one of the island’s loveliest retreats. The Atlantic Inn, is a classic island inn with a serene hilltop location affording views of harbor and sea. The setting evokes a feeling of true island life.
The Best Bike Adventure, Attractions and Activities on Block Island
With much to see and do on Block Island, we’ve culled the best attractions and activities for you and we take care of all the details. We handle the notoriously tricky Block Island vacation logistics for you, so you are free to simply relax and enjoy. We are ready to pick you up if you’ve had enough biking, to get you to the beach effortlessly or to whisk you back to town for some shopping. We love Block Island and we know you will too!
- Experience an extraordinary place recently featured on the cover of Life Magazine’s America the Beautiful: 100 Places to See in Your Lifetime
- Stay at a historic, hilltop inn
- Bike past wide beaches, boat-filled harbors, salt-ponds, the Enchanted Forest, wildlife preserves, grass meadows and beautiful island homes
- Experience the natural beauty of one of the “Last Great Places” in the Western Hemisphere
- Relax aboard a comfortable sailboat and watch the sun sink to the horizon and color the western sky
- Enjoy miles of gorgeous crescent beaches and find hidden coves with their own lovely beaches
- Learn about the ecology and wildlife of the Great Salt Pond and its estuary on our eco-kayak adventure
- Explore the trails, shoreline and wildlife of Block Island’s National Wildlife Refuge
- Visit historic lighthouses and learn how one was saved from a fall into the Atlantic
- Savor fresh-from-the-ocean seafood and other epicurean delights
- Visit unique shops and local artists’ galleries
The Atlantic Inn, 6 NightsThis historic hilltop inn with ocean views is the quintessential island retreat. Rooms are individually decorated with country antiques and the main floor boasts a charming tavern and an excellent restaurant. Enjoy tapas and cocktails on the wrap-around veranda or on the sweeping lawns while watching the sun go down. Perhaps try your hand on one of the tennis courts or in a game of croquet or horseshoes.
May 28-30 | June 23-25 | August 25-27 2019 Tours Booked By 11/15/18 Will Receive The 2018 Rate
May 20-22 | June 24-26 | September 4-6
$1,585 Per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $625
3 days, 2 nights
Point Judith ferry terminal, Point Judith, RI
8-15 with options for more
Predominately flat with an occasional hill. Mostly paved roads with a short stretch of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- 3 days of bicycling
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 2 nights lodging
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Welcome refreshments
- Daily cold drinks and snacks
- Sunset sail with wine, beer & hors d'oeuvres
- Guided kayak adventure
- Nature trail walks
- Maps for each day's ride
- 2 knowledgeable guides
- Luggage transport
- Van support
- Passenger ferry tickets
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Pick up at TF Green Airport, Warwick, RI or Providence, RI train station
- Featherweight, high visibility, reflective mesh vest