Rhode Island Vacation Bike Tour
Rhode Island Vacation Bike Tour – Inlets & Isles
Bike Rhode Island’s Inlets and Isles
The Rhode Island Tour: Sea Breezes, Lighthouses, Farms, and Yachts
Panoramic ocean vistas, wildlife-filled salt ponds, wide beaches, stately lighthouses, fishing villages, colonial Dutch windmills, grazing sheep, America’s Cup yachts, the “summer cottages” of 19th century millionaires, and so much more will captivate you as we bike Rhode Island’s inlets and isles.
Cycling RI’s Block Island, Narragansett, Jamestown and Newport
Countless white sails glow against the blue sky as elegant sloops cut through the sparkling diamonds of Narragansett Bay. Rhode Island may be America’s smallest state but the views are decidedly big. And a bike vacation is unquestionably a superb way to experience all Rhode Island has to offer. From unspoiled Block Island, a place the Nature Conservancy termed one of the “Last Great Places” in the western hemisphere, to the bustle of Newport, one of the sailing capitals of the world, this tour will delight you, every dazzling mile of the way.
Dramatic Newport: Cliff Walk, Mansions, and Colonial Homes
The exploration of Rhode Island’s scenery and history continues off the bike as we stroll Newport’s famous Cliff Walk, hike nature trails along dramatic bluffs and view world-renowned Gilded Age mansions and exquisite colonial architecture. The Ocean State is a brilliant little corner of the US and this Rhode Island bike vacation will show you the most precious of its gems.
- Bike Rhode Island’s stunning inlets and isles
- Stay at fine historic New England inns
- Learn fascinating RI history on a gaslight tour of Newport
- View the iconic Newport Mansions and hike the world-famous Cliff Walk
- Bike RI’s renowned Ocean Avenue for incredible coastal views
- Relax aboard our private boat on a sunset cruise
- Learn about the ecology and wildlife of the Great Salt Pond and its estuary on an eco-kayak adventure
- View many of Newport’s colonial homes and buildings – one of the largest concentrations in America
- Pedal past tranquil saltwater farms, some little changed from their colonial day settlement
- Enjoy picturesque lighthouses and miles of gorgeous sandy beaches
- Hike spectacular oceanfront trails along majestic bluffs and experience the natural beauty of wildlife areas and nature preserves
- See graceful sailboats on bays throughout the Ocean State where sailing is a way of life
- Savor fresh-from-the-ocean seafood and other epicurean delights
- Enjoy unique shops and fine art galleries
- Enjoy exceptional service and friendly guides as you tour Rhode Island without a care
Tour Reviews & Testimonials
“What a fabulous tour exploring Rhode Island by bike and boat! We took a large ferry, a small historic one, a lobster boat and a kayak too! Learned so much about marine ecology and sea life on the kayak excursion with a naturalist. Loved the mansions, the Breakers tour, Newport, Jamestown, Block Island and all the rest. The guides were fabulous and we felt well taken care of. I enthusiastically recommend this tour!”
Personal service was just top notch. Never even filled my own water bottle. Bikes are in great shape. Everything done to deliver the ride that each person wants. What makes customer satisfaction is how the customer feels, so the little touches can be as important as the big. (One of the guides met me on the ferry with a gluten-free cookie!) The guides set the tone for an all-around positive experience, no wrong choices or abilities, was the message. Plus they are both very knowledgeable and lots of fun.
“We loved our Rhode Island Bike Tour! Block Island is gorgeous and the Atlantic Inn was perfect. Our guides were exceptional and provided healthy, delicious snacks throughout. The meals at the restaurants were excellent. We loved the coastal routes and seeing the Gilded Age mansions. The guides were very knowledgeable and shared lots of interesting RI info.”
“Another great trip with GFA – our second! My wife and I just enjoyed the Islets and Inlets Tour of Block Island and Newport, Rhode Island. We bicycled to stunning sights, kayaked in the Great Salt Pond, experienced a sunset wine & cheese boat excursion, dined in the best restaurants and stayed in charming B&Bs in well- located areas. As always, Jeanne and our Guides, Mary and Jenn, were knowledgeable and experienced cyclists who made this trip a lovely, active vacation. Many thanks to all at GFA!”
The Atlantic Inn, Block Island, RI - 2 NightsThis fine hilltop inn is the classic island retreat. Enjoy tapas, cocktails, ocean views and sunsets on the wide veranda or lawnside Adirondack chairs. Rooms are individually decorated with antiques and the main floor boasts a tavern and an excellent restaurant. Test yourself on the tennis courts or perhaps in a game of croquet or horseshoes. The inn is a short walk to the activities and shops in the center of town.
May 23-26 | June 21-24 | July 5-8 | August 17-20 | Sept 14-17
$2,195 per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $725.
4 days, 3 nights
Guests can be picked up at the airport, train station or a local vehicle lot and will be returned at tour finish. Please contact us for specifics.
8-36 with longer options if desired
Flat with some hills. Mostly paved roads with a couple of miles of dirt roads.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What’s Included:
- 4 days of bicycling
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 3 nights lodging
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Welcome refreshments
- Boat cruise with wine, beer & hors d'oeuvres
- Guided kayak adventure
- Passenger ferry tickets
- Lantern-light tour of Historic Newport
- Admission to the Breakers in Newport
- Hiking on nature trails and Cliff Walk
- Daily cold drinks and snacks
- Maps and cue sheets for each day's ride
- 2 dedicated guides
- Luggage transport
- Van support and shuttle services
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Pick up and drop off at TF Green Airport, Warwick, RI, local vehicle lot or train station
- Use of featherweight, high visibility, reflective vest