Islands & Seacoast Cycle Tour
RI & Martha’s Vineyard Cycle Tours
Bike Massachusetts’ Martha’s Vineyard and Rhode Island’s Block Island, Conanicut Island and Aquidneck Island
This one-of-a-kind cycle tour features a unique combination of four of New England’s most beautiful islands, from Block Island, an unspoiled paradise, to Martha’s Vineyard, retreat of presidents. In between lie islands and peninsulas of extraordinary beauty and exceptional cycling. This exclusive tour will take you to world famous gems and unknown pearls – quiet regions of uncommon beauty and blissful cycling.
Four Fabulous Islands, One Incredible Cycling Adventure
Cycle Tour a “Quieter Cape Cod”
On this cycling adventure you’ll discover weathered fishing villages, scenic vineyards, heritage coastal farms, cranberry bogs, and hidden bike trails through tall dunes. Along the way you’ll pass sandy beaches, regal lighthouses, harbors filled with grand yachts, and cliffs glowing red in the setting sun. Ancient stone walls stretch to the Atlantic on the horizon in a pastoral region known as a “quieter Cape Cod.”
Mansions, Cliff Walk and Whaling Lore
Your adventure continues off the bike as you explore Newport’s Gilded Age mansions, the famous Cliff Walk, chic shops and world-class art. Historic villages with narrow lantern-lined streets filled with impeccably preserved homes of whaling captains transport you back in time. You can almost see the whale boats and smell the oil from the try pots there on the beach at the edge of town…
- Bike four of the most beautiful islands in New England
- Stay at fine historic New England inns
- Learn fascinating RI history on a gaslight tour
- View the iconic Newport Mansions
- Walk Newport’s world-famous Cliff Walk
- Taste award-winning wines at a scenic vineyard
- Experience the natural beauty of nature preserves and wildlife areas on nature walks
- Stroll bird-filled trails with panoramic views of ocean, beach, dunes and grasslands on important Altantic Flyway stopovers
- Visit a national wildlife refuge at the height of the Monarch butterfly migration
- Bike spectacular Ocean Avenue
- View magnificent yachts from all over the world
- Visit vibrant towns on Martha’s Vineyard resplendent in their Federal, Greek Revival and Victorian architecture
- Ferry to the island of Chappaquiddick for tranquil cycling
- See the red cliffs at Aquinnah, white-sand beaches and classic lighthouses
- Enjoy gourmet meals fresh-from-the-ocean or farm
- Visit unique shops and world-class art galleries
- Enjoy exceptional service and friendly guides throughout your care-free cycle tour
The Atlantic Inn, Block Island, RI - 1 NightThis fine hilltop inn is the classic island retreat. Enjoy tapas, cocktails, ocean views and sunsets on the wide veranda or lawnside Adirondack chairs. Rooms are individually decorated with antiques and the main floor boasts a tavern and an excellent restaurant. Test yourself on the tennis courts or perhaps in a game of croquet or horseshoes. The inn is a short walk to the activities and shops in the center of town.
The Clarkeston Inn, Newport, RI - 1 NightListed on The National Register of Historic Places, the Clarkeston is one of the oldest inns in Newport. Each antique filled room is named and decorated after a famous or infamous person in Newport’s history. The home is nearly 300 years old, though you will enjoy today’s luxuries and amenities. The inn is located in the heart of the historic district, steps to restaurants, shops and the bustling waterfront.
Kelley House, Edgartown, MA - 2 NightsThe Kelley House, a Historic Inn of America, is located in the heart of downtown Edgartown's historic waterfront district, steps to shops, galleries and restaurants. The property is graced by charming rooms, a rustic pub, and a refreshing pool with a poolside bar.
Governor Bradford House at Mount Hope Farm, Bristol, RI - 1 NightThe Governor Bradford Inn at Mt Hope Farm, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is one of Rhode Island’s last great country estates. King Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags, once owned the lands and it is here that he died in 1676. Today, walk trails through lands farmed since the 1680s, past serene ponds, and down to Mt. Hope Bay. Stroll the lovely gardens and visit the resident peacocks, turkeys, pheasants and sheep. Sleep soundly in the 1745 mansion house offering beautiful rooms with fireplaces, fine antiques and comfortable beds. Enjoy a superb country breakfast with local produce and eggs fresh from the farm.
May 19-24 | May 26-31 | August 25-30
$2,995. Per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $940
6 days, 5 nights
Guests can be picked up at the airport, train station or a vehicle lot and will be returned at finish.
8-38 with longer options if desired
Generally flat with occasional easy to moderate hills. Block Island and Martha's Vineyard have sections of rolling hills. Mostly roads with some bike paths too.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- 6 days of bicycling
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 5 nights lodging
- 5 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Welcome refreshments
- All applicable ferry tickets – Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, Jamestown, Chappaquiddick and MV Bike Ferries
- Historic lighthouse and museum tours
- Newport lantern-light tour
- Vineyard wine tasting
- Admission to The Breakers in Newport
- Guided hiking on nature trails and Cliff Walk
- Daily cold drinks and snacks
- Maps and cue sheets for each day’s ride
- 2 knowledgeable guides
- Luggage transport
- Van support and shuttle services
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Pick up and drop off from the airport, train station or local vehicle lot
- Featherweight, high visibility, reflective mesh vest