Best of Vermont Bike Tour
Best of Vermont Bike Tour New Itinerary!
Bike Touring with Vermont Experts
The Best of Vermont Bike Tour showcases the scenes that make the Green Mountain State such a tremendous draw for travelers. We’ve put four decades of Vermont bike touring experience to work to create an itinerary that is remarkable in its scenic diversity. Notably, the itinerary allows riders to experience it all from the seat of a bicycle – without requiring van shuttles. Great Freedom Adventures’ six-day Vermont bike tour encompasses Burlington, Vermont’s largest and liveliest city, the shores Lake Champlain, the fertile Champlain Valley, the pristine Green Mountain National Forest, remote wildlife refuges and rural farm landscapes.
Vibrant Vermont Towns, Top Inns and Superb Meals
Overnights are spent in four of Vermont’s most beautiful, historic and fun locales – Burlington, Waitsfield-Warren, Norwich and Woodstock. At each of these towns, guests enjoy fine inns that provide a true sense of place and top restaurants that feature locally sourced foods prepared by talented chefs. All along the tour, your guides will tempt you with more of these delicious Vermont foods.
A Vermont Extravaganza
Guests experience pastoral farmland with classic red barns, green or multi-colored forests, covered bridges, bustling towns, sleepy hamlets, panoramic mountain vistas, trickling streams, thundering waterfalls, fields of wildflowers, maple sugar shacks and much more. Wildlife abounds throughout and guests may see eagles, moose, fox, deer, turkeys and more.
Brilliant Fall Foliage and Deep Green Forests
Great Freedom Adventures’ Vermont expertise has allowed us to craft routes that showcase the state’s most beautiful scenery. Guests travel quiet country roads specifically selected to afford pedaling beneath radiant, multi-colored autumn canopies. Lush green forests provide shaded summer riding. The chosen routes provide the most spectacular mountain vistas in any season, and highlight favorite places like hidden swimming holes where the locals swim. Experience the tremendous beauty of Vermont on the Best of Vermont Bike Tour.
- Bicycle quiet routes chosen for their beauty and scenic variety
- Explore Burlington, Waitsfield/Warren, Norwich and Woodstock with their wealth of fine shops, galleries and dining
- Visit the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
- See where Coolidge was sworn in as president at the Calvin Coolidge Homestead
- Explore Billings Farm, an operating dairy farm and museum of Vermont’s rural past
- Stop at classic country stores and taste Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- Pedal through covered bridges
- View sugar bushes
- Taste excellent craft beers at local breweries
- View dramatic Quechee Gorge
- See master glassblowers at work at Simon Pearce and shop for hand-blown glassware
- Visit award-winning King Arthur Baking School and Store
- Sample cheeses at one of the oldest cheesemaking factories in the US
- Hike to panoramic hilltop views
Hotel Vermont, Burlington, VT - 1 Night This luxury boutique hotel is located in the heart of Burlington, steps to shops, restaurants and to the waterfront. Walk to the pedestrian only Church Street Marketplace and to ECHO, an innovative science and nature center on the lake. The hotel’s spaces are an elegant combination of rustic and modern and feature the fine craftsmanship and artistry of talented Vermonters. Condé Nast Traveler ranked the hotel 4th “Top Hotel in New England” in 2017 and 4th “Best New Hotel in the World’ in 2014.
July 14-19 | August 11-16 | September 29 - October 4
Summer Departures: $2,695. Fall Departures: $2,895. Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $795/$890
6 days, 5 nights
Burlington, VT/Woodstock, VT
Moderate (Moderate-Challenging with longer mileage options)
17-39 (Longer Options: 17-62)
Some short and long hills each day. Flatter stretches along the rivers and in the valleys. Occasional sections of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. Electric Assist Bikes (E-Bikes) are available at an additional charge. What's Included:
- 6 days of bicycling and hiking
- Free bicycle and helmet rental (Additional charge for E-Bike)
- 5 nights lodging
- 5 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Admission to
- Billings Farm and Museum
- Calvin Coolidge State Park and Coolidge Homestead
- Brewery visit
- Cheese factory visit
- 2 dedicated guides
- Van support
- Luggage transport
- Daily maps and cue sheets
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- High-quality bike jersey
- Use of featherweight, high visibility, reflective mesh vest