3 Day Bike Tour in Vermont
Short & Very Sweet 3-Day Vermont Bike Tour
Spend three sweet days savoring the tastes of Vermont: maple syrup, local berries, artisan cheese, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, maple butter, fresh apple cider, Vermont craft beer and superb meals in top restaurants. In between these tasty stops, bike country roads through colorful leaf canopies revealing scenes that make Vermont a photographers dream.
Unwind on This All-Inclusive Vermont Bike Trip
Feel cares slip away while cycling pastoral routes past stunning mountain vistas, classic red barns, sparkling rivers and pristine lakes. Discover quintessential covered bridges, productive sugar bushes, quaint country stores and working dairy farms. Listen for the distinctive thrash of foraging moose or the cry of a soaring eagle while pedaling past bogs and wildflower-filled meadows. This three-day, all-inclusive Vermont bike tour is a sweet slice of Green Mountain heaven!
- Stay at a fine Woodstock inn offering upscale amenities and a quintessential Vermont experience
- Savor foods fresh from the farm and prepared by talented chefs
- Explore Woodstock, one of the “prettiest small towns in America”
- Bike quiet roads through a pastoral landscape of dairy farms, wildlife areas, sugarbushes, country stores, river valleys, covered bridges and classic New England towns
- View dramatic Quechee Gorge and cascading waterfalls
- Visit Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- Taste a variety of cheeses at the oldest working cheese factory in the US and discover how cheese was made then and now
- Visit a brewery and sample the brews
- Watch master glassblowers create exquisite glassware at renowned Simon Pearce
- Shop in unique stores, local artist’s galleries and antique shops
June 28, July 19, September 27 & October 11 Departures: Blue Horse Inn, Woodstock, VT - 2 Nights Built in 1831, the riverfront Blue Horse Inn is a handsome Greek Revival mansion that contains large, luxurious, and beautifully appointed rooms. Elegant, yet relaxing common spaces provide the perfect opportunity for chatting by the fire, enjoying a glass of wine or curled up with a book. Sensational breakfasts are taken in the dining room or on the covered porch overlooking the pool, gardens, Ottaquechee River and Middle Covered Bridge. The inn is in the heart of Woodstock Village, walking distance to shops, galleries, restaurants and theater. Inn amenities include a heated outdoor pool, a library and a fire pit.
June 28-30 | July 19-21 | August 14-16 | September 27-29 | October 7-9 | October 11-13
June, July and August Departures: $1,120. September and October 11 Departures: $1,195. October 7 Departure: $1,440. Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single supplement: June, July & August: $575. September & October: $595.
3 days, 2 nights
Moderate. Moderate-Challenging with long option.
20-36 (44 with long option)
Flat along the rivers with hills outside the river valleys. Occasional sections of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- Fine accommodations in beautiful Woodstock, VT
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Admission to the Calvin Coolidge Homestead and Historic Site
- Visit to one of the oldest cheesemaking operations in the US
- Brewery visit
- 2 knowledgeable guides
- Van support
- Daily maps and cue sheets
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Featherweight, high-visibility, reflective mesh vest
- Dedicated service throughout your worry-free tour