Short & Very Sweet VT Bike Trip
3 Day Vermont Bike Trips – All Inclusive
Maple Sugar, Artisan Cheese and Vermont Beer
Spend three sweet days discovering maple sugar shacks and savor maple candies in country stores, artisan cheese, freshly pressed cider, locally brewed beer and delectable meals in top-notch restaurants. Burn off those calories and more while biking past red barns on classic dairy farms, dramatic gorges, sparkling rivers and pristine lakes.
Short and Very Sweet Vermont Bike Trips
Covered Bridges, Country Stores and Wildlife
Bicycle through covered bridges, along pastoral back roads to stunning Green Mountain views. Listen for the distinctive thrash of foraging moose or the cry of a soaring eagle while pedaling past bogs and wildflower-filled meadows. Meet friendly Vermonters and encounter that indomitable Yankee spirit while witnessing the most beautiful landscapes and intriguing sights in central Vermont. This carefully crafted, guided and supported bike tour draws from 34 years of Vermont bike touring experience to treat you to the sweetest morsels in a few short days for a captivating slice of New England heaven.
- Stay at a fine Woodstock inn offering upscale amenities and a quintessential Vermont experience
- Savor foods fresh from the farm and prepared by talented chefs
- Explore Woodstock, one of the “prettiest small towns in America”
- Bike quiet roads through a pastoral landscape of dairy farms, wildlife areas, sugarbushes, country stores, river valleys, covered bridges and classic New England towns
- View dramatic Quechee Gorge and cascading waterfalls
- Visit Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- Taste a variety of cheeses at the oldest working cheese factory in the US and discover how cheese was made then and now
- Visit a brewery and sample the brews
- Watch master glassblowers create exquisite glassware at renowned Simon Pearce
- Shop in unique stores, local artist’s galleries and antique shops
June 28, July 19, September 27 & October 11 Departures: Blue Horse Inn, , Woodstock, VT - 2 Nights Built in 1831, the riverfront Blue Horse Inn is a handsome Greek Revival mansion that contains large, luxurious, and beautifully appointed rooms. Elegant, yet relaxing common spaces provide the perfect opportunity for chatting by the fire, enjoying a glass of wine or curled up with a book. Sensational breakfasts are taken in the dining room or on the covered porch overlooking the pool, gardens, Ottaquechee River and Middle Covered Bridge. The inn is in the heart of Woodstock Village, walking distance to shops, galleries, restaurants and theater. Inn amenities include a heated outdoor pool, a library and a fire pit.
June 28-30 | July 19-21 | August 14-16 | September 27-29 | October 7-9 | October 11-13
June, July and August Departures: $1,120. September and October 11 Departures: $1,195. October 7 Departure: $1,440. Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single supplement: June, July & August: $575. September & October: $595.
3 days, 2 nights
Moderate. Moderate-Challenging with long option.
20-36 (44 with long option)
Flat along the rivers with hills outside the river valleys. Occasional sections of dirt road.
Bikes: You may bring your own bike or use one of ours. GFA bikes are high quality, lightweight, available with either drop or straight handlebars and are equipped with computer, mirror, waterbottle, handlebar bag, map case and seat pack with essentials. What's Included:
- Fine accommodations in beautiful Woodstock, VT
- Bicycle and helmet rental
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Admission to the Calvin Coolidge Homestead and Historic Site
- Visit to one of the oldest cheesemaking operations in the US
- Brewery visit
- 2 knowledgeable guides
- Van support
- Daily maps and cue sheets
- Daily snacks and cold drinks
- Tax and gratuities for meals and side excursions
- Featherweight, high-visibility, reflective mesh vest
- Dedicated service throughout your worry-free tour